PDA

View Full Version : Get "Data Disabled" Message When Trying To Send MMS Message

kc27
02-29-2012, 12:21 AM
I have a Droid 2 with the Talk n Text 1200 plan with 87mb of data remaining. When I try to send an mms message via text messaging, I get a message on-screen that says "Data disabled. MMS messages can not be sent or received until your data access is reenabled. Please check your data delivery settings to enable data connectivity."

Can someone advise me as to what I need to do to send MMS messages?

Thanks in advance for any ideas on this.

Kitty
02-29-2012, 12:30 AM
You do have Mobile Data/Background Data enabled in the Data Settings? (I forget exactly where....someone help me explain here? LOL)

MatthewsNC
02-29-2012, 12:39 AM
I have a Droid 2 with the Talk n Text 1200 plan with 87mb of data remaining. When I try to send an mms message via text messaging, I get a message on-screen that says "Data disabled. MMS messages can not be sent or received until your data access is reenabled. Please check your data delivery settings to enable data connectivity."

Can someone advise me as to what I need to do to send MMS messages?

Thanks in advance for any ideas on this.

At the home screen select the MENU button at bottom of screen. Press SETTINGS. Press Battery & Data Manager. Press Data Delivery. Select Data Enabled (this means you have a green check box selected to the right). You are good to go. You can deselect the same way when you are done to save your data. :)

carolsue
02-29-2012, 01:12 AM
while you are there click background data,too.

kc27
02-29-2012, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the help. "Data Enabled" was unchecked. When I checked it to be enabled the "Data disabled" message no longer appears. My text message with the photo attachment still did not send, however. Plain text messages with no attachments are sent with no problems.

I will go back into Battery & Data Manager. and check "Background Data" to see if that resolves the problem. It was unchecked when I last tested.

Droidwall is installed on this phone. When I tested after enabling data, I had Droidwall set so that all applications had 3g access, so I am assuming that made Droidwall a non factor in this test.

MatthewsNC
02-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Make sure that you have 3G data available before trying to send. Even if you have everything set up properly on your phone you still have to have a 3G connection or it still won't work. In other words, you have to actually be getting a 3G signal. Are you showing a 3G signal on your screen when you try to send?

kc27
02-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Thanks, I know I have 3G data. The 3G icon is displayed on the phone, and I have also confirmed 3g coverage by turning off wifi on the phone and surfing on the web via 3G.

Kitty
02-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Is this a genuine Verizon phone, not another Android that was flashed from another provider?

kc27
02-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Yes, it is a Verizon branded Droid 2.

kc27
03-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks everyone for the help. Just wanted to post back that I got mms going.

I checked "Data Enabled" under settings > Battery & Data Manager. In Droidwall I gave the Text application 3g and wireless access.

After seeing what I wrote in the sentence above, I suppose I could uncheck the Droidwall wireless access for the Text application, because wireless access is irrelevant for sms messages, and will not work for mms messages. It was just easier in Droidwall to let all the applications have wireless access, rather than going through and checking each one individually..

MatthewsNC
03-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Glad you got it going. :)