Thread: Porting from old 3G platform

Porting from old 3G platform

Okay. I'm sorry if this is covered somewhere else but ....

still on the old puppy 3G platform. I understand that I need to port over to the new platform BEFORE I could Change to a 4g phone. Not ready to do either right now because my plan just renewed and I believe any kind of port is on hold at this time anyway.

However, is the plan still to do a mass migration from old to new or should we just go ahead and individually port over from old to new?

Also when porting to new platform is there a certain amount of time before renewal this should be done?

I haven't done this before because things have been so backed up & I'm really not in any hurry....but I will be getting a 4g phone sometime this fall & porting my husband to Puppy on my present 3G phone.

Any input is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The old platform will be shutoff before 12/31/2015. You need to get your number over onto the new platform before then.

You can't do it right now because ports are off. When they come back online you really should order a port and get it scheduled. We still recommend a 15 day lead time.

Yes, we will forcibly migrate customers off the old platform at some point if you don't move yourself sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    The old platform will be shutoff before 12/31/2015. You need to get your number over onto the new platform before then.

You can't do it right now because ports are off. When they come back online you really should order a port and get it scheduled. We still recommend a 15 day lead time.

Yes, we will forcibly migrate customers off the old platform at some point if you don't move yourself sooner.
    If one has a device on the old (original) platform and has no need to upgrade, wouldn't it be simpler to just wait for the mass migration? Seems like this alone would reduce the manual porting backlog.

Sent from my LGLS620 using Tapatalk 2
    I started out with nothing. I still have most of it left ...

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    If one has a device on the old (original) platform and has no need to upgrade, wouldn't it be simpler to just wait for the mass migration? Seems like this alone would reduce the manual porting backlog.

Sent from my LGLS620 using Tapatalk 2
    Sure.