Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Verizon iPhone is Officially NOT ALLOWED on Page Plus Cellular

The Verizon iPhone is Officially NOT ALLOWED on Page Plus Cellular

It has just been announced that:

"As you are probably aware, the Apple iPhone is launching on Verizon Wireless. This message is to inform you that iPhones are NOT allowed to be activated on Page Plus Cellular. There are no exceptions. Should an iPhone activate on Page Plus, it will be subject to suspension or deactivation. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter."

Please keep this in mind.

Thanks,
    Kitty

Unhappy That really stinks!

What is the big deal anyway?? Why can't we get to use the iPhone?

In other words the iPhone isn't a "Banned" device as of yet, and likely would activate, but down the road you could get kicked off, lose you minutes, and suffer mental anguish from having payed waayyy too much money for what is essentially an iPod Touch.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamingofsandiego View Post
    What is the big deal anyway?? Why can't we get to use the iPhone?
    It's more likely due to an exclustivity agreement between Apple & The V.
    BIOS ERROR:
    Keyboard Not Found
    Please Press F1 to Continue or F2 to Enter Setup

Seems like I heard this before with the BB, Guess there will be a time that all rules fly out the window over time. Wife loves her Pink BB on PP. We'll that sounds kinda weird? OH, Well you Kitty cell Zombies know what I mean.
    So many phones so little time.Hidden Content

Just get a Droid, they are better anyway.

*ducks*

Quote Originally Posted by tmason68 View Post
    Just get a Droid, they are better anyway.

*ducks*
    Totally agreed. We have an iPhone 4 on one of our business lines (On Verizon directly) and we are NOT impressed. Just get a droid. What's the hype about this new device anyway? Ridiculous.

Kitty

Page Plus has its choke chain handled by Verizon but you can still expect phone flashers to get this phone onto other byod cdma networks like Metro, Cricket, Blue, Revol, Pocket , Frawg/NTelos, Mobi and others.

Granted, you won't have the coverage but you won't have Verizon looking over your shoulder either.

Or Page Plus.

We'll see what happens.

Expect tons of cheap Droids to show up on ebay. Right now, the cdma iphone is taking a bigger toll on cdma Droids instead of gsm iphones. Att really hunkered down to minimize the bleeding. Gazelle, a top electronics rebuyer reports Verizon droids being dumped have doubled since the launch but gsm iphones have only climbed 20%

http://blogs.forbes.com/elizabethwoy...erizon-iphone/

I have been anti Apple, anti iPod/iPhone/iPad for years, I just didn't see the value, except to show off a toy, to have the "in" thing. Then I had my cousin visit us this weekend and he brought his iPad. My pre-school kids (2 and 4 years old) loved playing some educational games on it. It was easy for them to use the screen. I looked at what was available for Android that was similar, and you know what, nothing of that quality. To put it in a word, the pre-school choices for Android seem "lame" in comparison.

So perhaps there are niche markets where the iPhone is superior.

If I bought a no contract Verizon iPhone, it would activate on Page Plus most likely? I realize they are not supported. Is PP actively looking for these in their system and shutting them down? Would they deactivate this one account, or would they go so far as shutting down every number I have with PP ? And if they shut my iPhone account down, could I still change the ESN to a supported phone or would my phone # be lost permanently?

Quote Originally Posted by bxd20 View Post
    I have been anti Apple, anti iPod/iPhone/iPad for years, I just didn't see the value, except to show off a toy, to have the "in" thing. Then I had my cousin visit us this weekend and he brought his iPad. My pre-school kids (2 and 4 years old) loved playing some educational games on it. It was easy for them to use the screen. I looked at what was available for Android that was similar, and you know what, nothing of that quality. To put it in a word, the pre-school choices for Android seem "lame" in comparison.

So perhaps there are niche markets where the iPhone is superior.
    Agreed, there are some niches where the Apple products are superior.

Quote Originally Posted by bxd20 View Post
    If I bought a no contract Verizon iPhone, it would activate on Page Plus most likely? I realize they are not supported. Is PP actively looking for these in their system and shutting them down? Would they deactivate this one account, or would they go so far as shutting down every number I have with PP ? And if they shut my iPhone account down, could I still change the ESN to a supported phone or would my phone # be lost permanently?
    They are not allowed on Page Plus. If you were to get one to activate, Page Plus is looking for them (and believe me, they are VERY easy to find in a system with just an ESN profile search), and they will be disconnected/suspended/deactivated. I would not take my chances on this one... You could lose your number, funds, everything - because they did forewarn people.

Kitty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast