Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Byte. Kilobyte Megabyte Gigabyte Terabyte Petabyte Exabyte Zettabyte

Byte. Kilobyte Megabyte Gigabyte Terabyte Petabyte Exabyte Zettabyte

Byte. Kilobyte Megabyte Gigabyte Terabyte Petabyte Exabyte Zettabyte Yottabyt.

Anyone know if PP, Verizon rounds off their Byte's like they do with talk time?

In other words I use 889 Bytes and they round off to 1 Kilobite.
    So many phones so little time.

That's a good question to submit in a ticket to Page Plus directly. I do not know

You may also want to ask them is the scale they use is the 1000 or 1024 method.

Depending upon provider sometimes 1000kb =1MB others it is 1024kb=1MB
    BIOS ERROR:
    Keyboard Not Found
    Please Press F1 to Continue or F2 to Enter Setup

Quote Originally Posted by imaplowboy View Post
    You may also want to ask them is the scale they use is the 1000 or 1024 method.

Depending upon provider sometimes 1000kb =1MB others it is 1024kb=1MB
    kilo really means 10^3 and mega means 10^6... They should start to use the terms kibi (2^10) and mibi (2^20) .... but that would be even more confusing :P

Also watch out for rounding at the low end. A byte is too small when charging .0012 cent/KB, but a KB is easy to charge. So KB, MB, TB, ... may get charged
    correctly, but a a few hundreds bytes may get rounded up.

Sheng-Chieh

It's interesting that this question has come up, because I've had the same question over the past week. It seems that with the new data plan, PP has also divised a new rounding scheme. I use Watchdog 3G Pro (Android), and it's always been very accurate for me...within 1-2MB at the end of the month. Suddenly, only 10 days into my plan, PP says I've used about 30% more data than Watchdog says I've used.

My personal opinion, the 100MB plan is a nice new marketing scheme, but they've also modified their method of rounding up data, so that where we used to get around 97% of the advertised amount, we're now getting more like 70-75% of the advertised data plan, due to unfavorable rounding. Of course, we're only a week in. I'm probably jumping the gun and not giving PP a fair chance. I will be curious to see if anyone can get a straight answer as to how they count the data.

Quote Originally Posted by ratten46 View Post
    It's interesting that this question has come up, because I've had the same question over the past week. It seems that with the new data plan, PP has also divised a new rounding scheme. I use Watchdog 3G Pro (Android), and it's always been very accurate for me...within 1-2MB at the end of the month. Suddenly, only 10 days into my plan, PP says I've used about 30% more data than Watchdog says I've used.

My personal opinion, the 100MB plan is a nice new marketing scheme, but they've also modified their method of rounding up data, so that where we used to get around 97% of the advertised amount, we're now getting more like 70-75% of the advertised data plan, due to unfavorable rounding. Of course, we're only a week in. I'm probably jumping the gun and not giving PP a fair chance. I will be curious to see if anyone can get a straight answer as to how they count the data.
    That's.... an awfully serious accusation to potentially make. I think I would want to have more than just one program do the test over multiple devices, multiple periods of times, before I would even want to consider that idea.

Might be a a good idea to do some test trials - see if you can get some people to assist.

Kitty

We'll I sent in a ticket and got a form letter response (took 48 hours) and got information regarding 20 mb for the unlimited and 100mb for the 29.95 plan. I might of well of asked for their bank account number so I could deposit 3 million dollars in their account for them sending me a 100 min card for $10.00. This reminds me why I left them and went with Kitty wireless. I asked the question as you would someone in the 3rd grade and very easy to understand. Does PP round off their Data as they do their talk time.

Sorry Kitty Members I tried to find out the answer to the question..
    So many phones so little time.

My guess is the ticket you sent would, by default, get a form letter back. I'll see what I can find out about this this coming week when we talk to management.

Thanks,
    Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by ratten46 View Post
    It's interesting that this question has come up, because I've had the same question over the past week. It seems that with the new data plan, PP has also divised a new rounding scheme. I use Watchdog 3G Pro (Android), and it's always been very accurate for me...within 1-2MB at the end of the month. Suddenly, only 10 days into my plan, PP says I've used about 30% more data than Watchdog says I've used.\
    I've been using 3g Watchdog and Traffic Stats on my Droid under the old 50MB plan and the new 100mb (since the 19th). I find that PP numbers for usage are just as accurate as they were on the 50mb plan.

Just my personal experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast