Thread: Palm Pixi (and Pre) App Store on Page Plus

Palm Pixi (and Pre) App Store on Page Plus

Great news. Verizon phones usually can't get to the App store because Page Plus doesn't go there except on Page Plus approved phones. Well, the Pixi/Pre are Palm phone and Palm runs the App Store. IT WORKS ON PAGE PLUS.
    My Motto is very simple. <-That was it!

Quote Originally Posted by S2274 View Post
    Great news. Verizon phones usually can't get to the App store because Page Plus doesn't go there except on Page Plus approved phones. Well, the Pixi/Pre are Palm phone and Palm runs the App Store. IT WORKS ON PAGE PLUS.
    Wowzers, a Pixi Plus with a pink Touchstone cover is looking better and better...
    dollymadison Hidden Content

Plant good things, for you shall reap what you sow...

Pixi App Store Part Two

For some reason I can't edit the prior post to add more info.

Angry Birds Seasons is free for the Pixi during March of 2011. Get it while you can. There are tons of free apps and games, too. Also, the GPS apps work on the Pixi even when on WiFi. (The Pixi has a built in GPS unit).

Be sure to check out the FREE game RedNecks versus Aliens. It's a blast! (Literally) You get all sorts of fun weapons including pistols, rifles, shotguns, exploding jars of rancid mayonaise, lawnmower blade launchers, etc. The most lethal weapon of all is the Banjo Boomerang. I'm hesitant to use it because of the "boomerang" word. What happens if you miss your target??? There is also the ever popular and much appreciated exploding toilet seat weapon. Land one of those around the neck of an alien and you know he's going to loose his head in battle. Oh, there is also a potato gun! My favorite! You don't get all the weapons to start, you have to earn them as you progress through levels. Each level has more aliens.

By the way, when you see an alien approaching the cabin holding something blue in front of him, get him first. Once he is close to the cabin he will release that blue thing, it will begin chirping like Edgar Allen Poe's Raven and then start chewing up your cabin. Major problem.

There are thousands of things in the Palm App Store including weather apps, sports apps, news apps, Tapatalk, music apps and tons more. You can get at all of it with a simple WiFi connection. Let the fun begin!

You guys are getting me all worked up! I ordered my pixi on Friday, and it just got shipped today. I can't wait to get it! The mailman better hurry up!

Just discovered a cool new Palm App called "What's Shaking?". It uses the GPS to get your approximate location and then lists earthquakes around the world and then tells you how far away (or how close!) they are relative to your location. There is some little area in Japan called Honshu that seems to get a 4.0+ every few hours. It got a 4.9 just about 12 minutes ago. To update the data with newer info you "shake" the phone! How cute is that!!!

There is a little globe on the far right side of each quake listing, click on it and the app displays a world map showing the exact quake location! The map can be expanded by placing two fingers over the area and "spreading" the fingers. Do it again to get an even larger view, and again, and again...

Sue.
    Last edited by S2274; 04-26-2011 at 02:19 AM.

That's just disturbing....but I hate earthquakes and tornadoes. I def don't want to know where they are! In this case, ignorance is bliss, IMO.

Sent from (wait, which phone am I using again??) using Tapatalk
    dollymadison Hidden Content

Plant good things, for you shall reap what you sow...

Banned
    After getting two dogs from Ben's Outlet, I will be getting another Pixi from JandR (www.jandr.com) today. I think the 2 dogs thing was just a fluke, maybe a bad batch of parts. They had sort of a white "cloud" in some locations on the screen, looked like it was inside or under the glass. Anyway, Ben's has an excellent return policy (30 day satisfaction guarantee, full refund), so I wouldn't hestitate to order from them in the future.

Normally I'm a flip-phone guy, but I do like the Pixi (my wife has one and she loves it) so I'm willing to go through a little work to get one. I've tried out my wife's Pixi, and as a phone it has better sound quality and reception then anything else I've used so far.

Let the games begin!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yertllams View Post
    You guys are getting me all worked up! I ordered my pixi on Friday, and it just got shipped today. I can't wait to get it! The mailman better hurry up!
    Hey, if you're getting all worked up can you please get some video?

Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    Hey, if you're getting all worked up can you please get some video?
    I'll second that!