Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which do you prefer CDMA or GSM? Why?

Which do you prefer CDMA or GSM? Why?

With all the different companies and plans out there, I am curious to what everyone thinks?

CDMA, cause Verizon - PagePlus has about the only coverage at my house. ATT/T-Mobile/Sprint all die within a mile of my house....

CDMA. I don't have any experience with GSM providers, as VZ/PPC are the only companies that get service within 10 miles here, either direction. Sprint, even being CDMA, doesn't work here. So I really have no option as far as preference goes. Maybe one day when I'm old and gray they will have GSM out here and I will get to try it lol.
    dollymadison Hidden Content

Plant good things, for you shall reap what you sow...

I prefer BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) all the way, REGARDLESS of the technology. I'm behind Iden (Boost mobile/Nextel) because of their sim card swapping. I'm for any Byod cdma network, whether a Verizon mvno, Verizon prepaid, Boost cdma (w/many Sprint phones) and many cdma regional independents. I'm also behind any byod gsm network, Tmobile, Att and all of their mvnos/prepaid divisions. I am NOT behind the upcoming hideous merger of Att/Tmobile which will singlehandedly and permanently WRECK gsm byod as we know it in the United States if it goes through.

I love Tracfone's coverage and Sprint mvnos prices but HATE their lack of byod, gsm or cdma.

Gsm?

The beauty of GSM is the SIM card technology. Remove the SIM card from one phone and plug it into another unlocked GSM phone and you are ready to make calls, No activation required. You can purchase SIM cards with fixed dollar amounts preloaded and use them in many counties outside the US since the GSM technology is pretty much the world standard outside of the US.

When I decided to change from AT&T to a pre-paid system I hoped to find an equivalent of PP in the GSM side - no such luck. PP is good and Kitty is great but GSM rules the world - for now.

A2K summed it up pretty well. I like Page Plus because the price / package is right for me. But If there were a GSM equivalent, that I also had the same coverage on (out here in the sticks), I'd probably go with it.
    Micallen

Banned
    I've been on both. VZW/PagePlus rocks for coverage, so if that's the most important thing it's a no-brainer. GSM is cool because of the SIM technology, and if you travel internationally you can just swap SIMs and go for it.

Because I wear hearing aids and want the most boost, CDMA is better for me. The hatis (special t-coil headset manufaturer) salesman said CDMA get more
    boost than GSM (in addition to the boost from the phone). [When I switched from GSM Tracfone to CDMA Virgin Mobile, I noticed a significant boost.]

Sheng-Chieh

I too favor GSM because of the ability to swap SIM cards between unlocked phones. I have two different type accounts and use one phone. It is easier to carry a small SIM than two phones.

ALbert, H20 wireless works off att and have great plans

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast