Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take a phone to activate?

How long does it take a phone to activate?

I recently just purchased a new activation from KittyWireless. I got the e-mail saying activation successful. I also dialed *22890 and it said OTA complete. It's a Droid Incredible, and I do currently have a plan with Verizon. I didn't cancel my current service yet. How long is it going to take to activate? Do I have to cancel my current service first? Thanks!

As long as the device is attached to a Verizon Wireless account, OVER THE AIR programming will not program the correct number into it. Your Verizon Number must be COMPLETELY DISCONNECTED from Verizon and the device must be released by VERIZON before it will work on PagePlus.

This is NOT a PagePlus network issue or error. This is NOT a Kitty Wireless issue or error. ANY device that is active on BOTH PagePlus AND Verizon will always have the VERIZON number programmed into it during OTA Programming.

If you want to KEEP your Verizon number, you need to do a PORT REQUEST to bring the number over to PagePlus.

Basically, a device cannot be active on both PagePlus AND Verizon at the same time - and that's what you have right now. You have the NEW NUMBER we gave you, and you have your VERIZON number assigned to it on the Verizon side as well. As long as it stays like this, the Verizon number will ALWAYS OVERRIDE our number.

If you DO NOT want to keep your Verizon number, you can call them and ask them to immediately DISCONNECT/CANCEL the line completely, then, after that is done, *22890 SEND will program in your PagePlus number.

Kitty

Thanks Kitty. I just called them, and they said they could only cancel on the last day of the billing cycle (May 26th). Do you think I would have better luck going into a retail store? Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by kadafy View Post
    Thanks Kitty. I just called them, and they said they could only cancel on the last day of the billing cycle (May 26th). Do you think I would have better luck going into a retail store? Thanks again!
    Call them back, speak to a supervisor, tell them you want it canceled IMMEDIATELY. No exceptions. You want it completely disconnected NOW. They CAN do it, you just need to be VERY assertive.

Kitty

I've been trying, and keep getting passed around. It seems like they won't budge on it. I'm thinking of going into a store so they can't just easily push me aside.

Quote Originally Posted by kadafy View Post
    I've been trying, and keep getting passed around. It seems like they won't budge on it. I'm thinking of going into a store so they can't just easily push me aside.
    Good luck with that. Unfortunately, the only OTHER way to get your phone active on PagePlus would be to MANUALLY program it.

What kind of phone do you have (make/model?) Maybe we can give you some instructions on manual programming to circumvent the OTA.

Kitty

I have a Droid Incredible. I've tried looking at manually programming, but the ##PROGRAM just doesn't seem to want to work. ):

I'm sure someone around here will probably chime in here soon and help you out with manually programming it.

WORST case scenario, when Verizon disconnects it, *22890 SEND should work.

Kitty

I got it. Kitty, you have made my day. (: I had to revert back to stock HTC Sense ROM. I did that, and it worked. Now, I'm upgrading to CyanogenMod 7 again and it should work.

Good job !!
    Micallen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast