Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Activated Verizon phone on Page Plus but phone still registered to Verizon number

Question Activated Verizon phone on Page Plus but phone still registered to Verizon number

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice/suggestions on what I can do. I recently bought a Samsung Renown U810 phone off ebay. The seller stated that the phone can only be used on Page Plus, not Verizon. The ESN was clear as well. I proceeded to activate the phone on Page Plus. I did the *22890 programming and it completed within 20 seconds. During the programming process I do see a message saying "Lock Code Password Set". I'm guessing this is normal. Anyways, once programmed, I checked the number that is registered in the phone and it still shows the old number that the phone used to be registered with. I know it should be showing my new number. I tried placing calls to another phone I have and my other phone shows the old number as well. I tried accessing voicemail and it appears to be accessing voicemail for the old number. I also tried texting the old number to see what would happen and surprising I am getting those text on my new phone. Pretty much it appears the new phone is still registered to the old number, most likely on Verizon. Can I just call up Verizon and tell them to release the ESN off that number? If not, how can I get the phone to work with Page Plus on my number? Can I do a manual programming instead of OTA? Any help is appreicated.

Thanks.

This means your phone is active on BOTH PagePlus and Verizon - and whenever this occurs, when you do OTA, the Verizon number overrides the PagePlus Number.

Two options:

1. Contact Verizon, give them your ESN, ask them to DISCONNECT the Verizon number from it. YMMV with this option (Your mileage may vary) because the account is probably not in your name, you may need your seller to assist.

2. You can manually program the device with your PagePlus settings, and it will manually override the Verizon settings.

If an ESN is clear on PagePlus, it is normally clear on Verizon - as in this case.

Hope this helps.

Kitty

I bought a verizon phone on ebay and activated it on page plus.....the phone is active on page plus account but the phone still uses verizon number....i have tried to manually program the phone and still the same thing...will i be able to reprogram my phone to page plus by *22890 when verizon deactivates the account...and what if it is a stolen phone or has an outstanding account will that affect me???did i just loose money on a phone???? please help//....thanks for your time...

Whomever you got this device from, the one you changed to, may not be aware that there is still a VERIZON WIRELESS number attached to it. Contact your seller, or whomever you purchased the phone from, and advise them that the device is still attached to a VERIZON WIRELESS ACCOUNT and needs to be disconnected completely.

As long as the device is attached to a Verizon Wireless account, OVER THE AIR programming will not program the correct number into it. The number listed above must be COMPLETELY DISCONNECTED from Verizon and the device must be released by VERIZON before it will work on PagePlus.

This is NOT a PagePlus network issue or error. This is NOT a Kitty Wireless issue or error. ANY device that is active on BOTH PagePlus AND Verizon will always have the VERIZON number programmed into it during OTA Programming.

If the phone is listed as stolen, or is blacklisted for any other reason, you should contact your seller and try to return the phone. This is a great example as to why we recommend doing an ESN Check on any device before purchasing it

Kitty

when i went to activate the phone on page plus the esn was clean.....or they would have said it was active on another account....after i programed the phone*22890 it said succesfully programed....but the number wasnt the one the page plus csr gave me...then he said you might have to manually unlock so he gave me my min # and took me step by step through the programing...it still has the verizon #....this phone was factory sealed in a certified pre owned box/// so how is it possible it is active on page plus and verizon....i cant get in contact with the seller...please help me out....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arabmoney352 View Post
    when i went to activate the phone on page plus the esn was clean.....or they would have said it was active on another account....after i programed the phone*22890 it said succesfully programed....but the number wasnt the one the page plus csr gave me...then he said you might have to manually unlock so he gave me my min # and took me step by step through the programing...it still has the verizon #....this phone was factory sealed in a certified pre owned box/// so how is it possible it is active on page plus and verizon....i cant get in contact with the seller...please help me out....thanks
    Ok, so you have a clean ESN - since it was activated on PagePlus.

BUT, your device is ALSO active on Verizon - because if it was NOT active on Verizon, your PagePlus number would have programmed into the device during OTA Programming.

When you attempt OTA programming on a device that is active on VERIZON *AND* on PagePlus, the Verizon number will OVERRIDE the PagePlus number 100% of the time.

That's why your device has another number on it, because it is still active on Verizon.

Many sellers pre-activate devices on Verizon before they ship them out to customers - sometimes they get kickbacks or promotions for doing so. And it leaves the buyer in a position where they usually have to fight to get it disconnected from Verizon before it can be used on another network.

There is nothing Kitty Wireless can do help you with this - I would call Verizon at 800-550-2436, give them your MEID # and ask them if it is active on their network. You will need to work with Verizon to get it disconnected BEFORE it will take OTA programming from PagePlus.

Also, why can you not get in touch with the seller?

Kitty

The phone isnt listed lost or stolen..

not being able to get in contact with the seller is what has me worried....so im not using the phone i bought im still using my old phone.....so if the kid doesnt pay the bill will the esn turn bad/blacklisted and then the phone is worthless..or will i then be able to program to page plus ??? verizon cant give me any account information on the holders name....

I had the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by spik3s View Post
    i'm hoping someone can give me some advice/suggestions on what i can do. I recently bought a samsung renown u810 phone off ebay. The seller stated that the phone can only be used on page plus, not verizon. The esn was clear as well. I proceeded to activate the phone on page plus. I did the *22890 programming and it completed within 20 seconds. During the programming process i do see a message saying "lock code password set". I'm guessing this is normal. Anyways, once programmed, i checked the number that is registered in the phone and it still shows the old number that the phone used to be registered with. I know it should be showing my new number. I tried placing calls to another phone i have and my other phone shows the old number as well. I tried accessing voicemail and it appears to be accessing voicemail for the old number. I also tried texting the old number to see what would happen and surprising i am getting those text on my new phone. Pretty much it appears the new phone is still registered to the old number, most likely on verizon. Can i just call up verizon and tell them to release the esn off that number? If not, how can i get the phone to work with page plus on my number? Can i do a manual programming instead of ota? Any help is appreicated.

Thanks.
    i had the same problem with my blackberry 9330 i had bought off craigslist....all i did was wait a month in a half...enough time for verizon to shut off its account(bcause verizon will not terminate account unless its in your name) so i waited the month in a half....*22890 to program and this time the verizon number was gone and the number the page plus rep had given me a month and a half ago was on my phone....now evrything works like it is supposed to.....so you might have to wait a month or two but it is well worth the wait....i thought i had lost money and was glad to see my patience was well rewarded....

HELP Please!

So I bought this phone from woman and I check the ESN and everything before I purchased the phone. It showed up that the phone was clean. I got to activate the phone on the page plus network just as I had my other one I bought before this one and activated it and everything, but NOW it will not program. I called the *228 or whatever number and all it does is plays music for a moment and then says system updated? But nothing has changed the number has not switched and its not programming. Can somebody please help me, so that I've not completely wasted my all the money Ive put into this phone? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast