Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does it mean "flashed to page plus"?

What does it mean "flashed to page plus"?

I am thinking about getting an LG Ally on ebay and I came across this vendor "Jr - Micro Machine" who states these things.
    1) "Fully Flashed meaning all functions work, no limit Fully Page Plus Cellular Compatible 3G +Wifi +GPS +SMS",
    2) "These phones have been professional been updated to work on Page Plus, also they used a certain software on the phone so that it will be capable of using Page Plus 3G network. Yes internet will work anywhere!",
    3)"Phone was originally Verizon but now works on Page plus ill make sure the phone number goes to your zip code."

What I would like to know is what all this means! Can I trust what he is saying, or should I move on. Thanks much.

Flashing describes taking a non-Verizon or non-Page Plus CDMA phone, and "flashing" Verizon or Page Plus software on it, including web/data/picture messaging settings, so that it might work on Page Plus.

For instance, if US Cellular and Verizon sell both the same model of a phone, you could theoretically take the US Cellular model, flash it, and make it work on Verizon. IF they are the exact same model and Verizon has software for it publicly available.

A Verizon phone does not need to be "flashed" to work on Page Plus.

Be sure the buyer you buy from eBay has PHENOMENAL feedback - I personally do not deal with anyone with lesls than 99% positive feedback myself. And be sure you get their guarantees in writing.

Kitty

Stay away...this dealer sounds dishonest. An LG Ally should "just work" on PP.

I was gonna say that Tom, but did not want to prejudge.

We had a company in Brooklyn last week try to sell us "BRAND NEW OMNIA i920's" for $80.00 each. In the Verizon boxes.

One catch: The ESN's did not match the boxes. When we inquired as to why, his response "That shouldn't matter to you, as long as they work on Page Plus, that's all that should matter."

We instantly said "We're not even remotely interested, case closed."

There are some shady people out there....

Kitty

I don't mind prejudging. No reason to "Flash" an Ally to PagePlus.

Thanks for the advice. he said that he flashed a verizon phone to page plus. I thought that was weird. I am going to move on to another vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Flashing describes taking a non-Verizon or non-Page Plus CDMA phone, and "flashing" Verizon or Page Plus software on it, including web/data/picture messaging settings, so that it might work on Page Plus.

For instance, if US Cellular and Verizon sell both the same model of a phone, you could theoretically take the US Cellular model, flash it, and make it work on Verizon. IF they are the exact same model and Verizon has software for it publicly available.

A Verizon phone does not need to be "flashed" to work on Page Plus.

Be sure the buyer you buy from eBay has PHENOMENAL feedback - I personally do not deal with anyone with lesls than 99% positive feedback myself. And be sure you get their guarantees in writing.

Kitty
    Am I correct in my understanding that "flashing" is referring to flashing a carrier branded rom to the phone? If so, would it be safe to assume that a debranded phone such as an off-contract moto x purchased directly from motorola should work on Page Plus out of the box?

Flashing is a bit of a generic term. In the context of this thread it means updating the phone's network programming to work with page plus. This is completely unrelated to flashing any third party roms to the device.

Any 4g/lte phone requires flashing to be functional on page plus. Any sprint phone must also be flashed to work on page plus (whether it's a 3g or 4g phone). Generally verizon 3g phones do NOT require flashing.

Gotcha. thanks for the quick response. so just to clarify, would a phone with 4g be unusable without programming/flashing, or would 4g just not work, but it still be usable on 3g?

Banned
    Flash is a must nothing works without it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast