Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Page Plus Monthly Plan Early Renewal

Page Plus Monthly Plan Early Renewal

Hello! I'm so glad I found Kitty... I just wish they sold some beefy smart phones like Droid X or Incredible. However, I can certainly understand why they wouldn't want to support those devices with Page Plus data plans...

The question: If I run out of minutes or data early, say, when I'm using the Talk n Text 1200, can I restart my month early? Instead of waiting 30 days to pay the $30, can I do it at 20 days, or 15 days and restart the billing cycle that way?

I'm desperately trying to find a way to fit my voice and data usage into a page plus plan. I'm with Virgin Mobile right now, but their coverage is a joke (Sprint). I just installed a few apps onto my LG Optimus V to monitor voice and data, and I'll see what my usage is in a few weeks. I'll be getting a Droid X or Incredible when I do make the switch. I would just HATE to have to go with Verizon directly and pay 2x to 4x the monthly fees...

Thanks in advance!

While I don't know the answer to your question regarding early renewal, I will say this. You will not get anywhere near the data on Page Plus that you have on Virgin Mobile.

My suggestion would be, if you can tolerate the VM/Sprint coverage, why not do both? That is exactly what I do. I use the Optimus V for my unlimited data at $25/month and I use an HTC Ozone (with a NODATA app installed) on Page Plus for Unlimited Talk and Text for $41/month. Are there times when I cannot use my Optimus due to no coverage? You bet. Can I live with it while continuing to be able to Talk and Text on Page Plus? You betcha.

Not saying this system would work for you, but for me, it certainly does and I do not have to worry about going over on minutes, text, or data every month.

Quote Originally Posted by AAron36330 View Post
    While I don't know the answer to your question regarding early renewal, I will say this. You will not get anywhere near the data on Page Plus that you have on Virgin Mobile.

My suggestion would be, if you can tolerate the VM/Sprint coverage, why not do both? That is exactly what I do. I use the Optimus V for my unlimited data at $25/month and I use an HTC Ozone (with a NODATA app installed) on Page Plus for Unlimited Talk and Text for $41/month. Are there times when I cannot use my Optimus due to no coverage? You bet. Can I live with it while continuing to be able to Talk and Text on Page Plus? You betcha.

Not saying this system would work for you, but for me, it certainly does and I do not have to worry about going over on minutes, text, or data every month.
    Thank you for your feedback. Actually, I cannot tolerate the Sprint coverage. Which is why I'm here. But it's not only the voice coverage I need. I actually NEED DATA EVERYWHERE. But I actually don't need ALOT of data, I just need it EVERYWHERE. It's a strange, niche, work-related thing. As far as voice usage, I need both excellent coverage and TONS of minutes. Possibly more than 1,200... I'm looking into that. I may go with the unlimited plan if my minute usage is high enough and my data usage is low enough...

It amazes me how poorly voice and data history is accounted for and recorded with the various cell companies. For example, Virgin Mobile does keep call histories for 60 days (web-accessible), but there is no way to add up the number of minutes used in a given 30 day period. I would have to manually browse through over 130 PAGES of data, writing down the number of minutes used on each call, then add them all up. Ridiculous. I've done programming, and I know it would be relatively trivial to add this kind of call history functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandarkoad View Post
    The question: If I run out of minutes or data early, say, when I'm using the Talk n Text 1200, can I restart my month early? Instead of waiting 30 days to pay the $30, can I do it at 20 days, or 15 days and restart the billing cycle that way?
    I've done it before with Kitty. When you are running low on any one of text. minutes, data and dont want to pay overage but rather just start a "new" month, you can do at any time.

FWIW, data is 10 cents a meg and 0.05 a minute.

Also you can instal Droidstats from the market. It will keep track of data, voice minutes and texts. This is how I tracked my usage of my home phone to see if I could use the 1200 plan versus unlimited.

Sent from my Droidx on DarkSlide

Quote Originally Posted by poorazn View Post
    I've done it before with Kitty. When you are running low on any one of text. minutes, data and dont want to pay overage but rather just start a "new" month, you can do at any time.

FWIW, data is 10 cents a meg and 0.05 a minute.
    So... 1200 minutes times $0.05 per minute = $60
    100 megs x $0.10 = $10

For $29.95 I get $70 worth of data and minutes at the card rates. Seems like a no brainer.

I pay $60 now with Virgin Mobile. So for essentially the same price ($59.90) I'd basically get 2,400 minutes and 200 megs, and those resources could be used for 30 to 60 days... And incredible coverage. I'm definitely switching. No way I can get to 2,400 minutes a month.

Something tells me some news is going to break here shortly which will make all my calculations obsolete.

Hello! I'm so glad I found Kitty... I just wish they sold some beefy smart phones like Droid X or Incredible. However, I can certainly understand why they wouldn't want to support those devices with Page Plus data plans...

Here is the answer to your question, IF you ran out early.....

Dear Customer,

I understand that you have run out of something on your TnT1200 plan earlier in your cycle than you expected. It used to be that you could NOT renew your Talk n Text 1200 early, but now you can.

If you run out of any component within your plan before that 1 month is up, you have FIVE options:

OPTION 1. You can renew your plan early with another Talk n Text 1200 PIN. Options:

a) If you have an extra Talk n Text 1200 PIN 'stacked' on your account, you can contact Page Plus at 800-550-2436 and ask them to use that stacked PIN early to restart a fresh Talk n Text 1200.

b) If you are on Kitty AutoPay, you can instruct us to charge your plan early and renew your Talk n Text 1200 earlier than we normally would (you don't have to wait until the full 1 month is up.) If you are on Kitty AutoPay PLEASE DO NOT CALL PAGE PLUS DIRECTLY - let us know you want to do this, we will take care of it for you, so that we can properly adjust your cycle dates accordingly in our system.

c) If you do not have a stacked PIN to use, and are NOT on Kitty AutoPay, you can purchase just a one time Talk n Text 1200 PIN and add that to your account. It will stack, by default, and then you will need to call Page Plus to get it "put into action" so that it restarts your Talk n Text 1200 immediately. (If you are purchasing your PIN through Kitty Wireless, we will be happy to make this call for you - after confirming with you whether you want it restarted immediately or not).

OPTION 2. You can wait until the end of your cycle for it to renew and refresh with new allotments.

OPTION 3. You can purchase an Unlimited Talk n Text PIN, apply that PIN to your account, and start the Unlimited Talk n Text Plan that very same day.

OPTION 4. You can add a money value card, such as the $10, $25, $50 or $80 card, and be charged per transaction for whatever you have run out of, until your next renewal. HOWEVER, please keep this in mind: When you add cash to your account, and you are on a monthly plan such as TnT1200, your minutes are billed at the rate of 5 cents per minute out of this cash balance. So if you add a $25.00 card, you'll get 500 overage minutes - NOT the 400 advertised on the card. The $25.00 for 400 minutes is only good when you are on the STANDARD PLAN, whereas in this scenario you are using overage on the TnT1200 plan, which is billed at 5 cents per minute. This works out in your favor

OPTION 5. If you have run out of data only, but have plenty of minutes & messages left, you can add a $10.00 cash card to get 100mb of additional data or a $25.00 card to get an extra 250mb of data. These monies would sit in your cash bucket until you use them, and if your TNT1200 renewed to a fresh plan before these monies were used up, you would automatically again start pulling from your plan instead of the overage cash you added. You can purchase a $10 or $25 card, one time, from this page: http://www.kittywireless.com/pageplus/cards.html - and we can add it for you.

DATA OVERAGE RATE ON TNT1200 AFTER THE FIRST 100MB is 10 cents per megabyte, also paid for out of your cash balance. You might find it more beneficial to just renew your TnT1200 early, and get a fresh 1200 minutes, 3000 messages and 100mb of data, but it's your call.

Let us know what you decide.

If you need additional help, do not hesitate to ask. You just need to pick the right option for you!

Thanks.

Something tells me some news is going to break here shortly which will make all my calculations obsolete.

Mmm hmmmm.

...I actually NEED DATA EVERYWHERE. But I actually don't need ALOT of data, I just need it EVERYWHERE...
    You won't get that with Page Plus. If you look at the Verizon Coverage map and select the option for showing Prepaid coverage, you will find every state has at least one area that is not covered EVERYWHERE.

Quote Originally Posted by AAron36330 View Post
    You won't get that with Page Plus. If you look at the Verizon Coverage map and select the option for showing Prepaid coverage, you will find every state has at least one area that is not covered EVERYWHERE.
    The coverage with Page Plus is far and away better than Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, etc. Yes, there are scattered spots across the country, that do not have coverage. However, I travel quite a bit (so does my husband, he puts 50,000 miles on his company Jeep) and we RARELY lose coverage, unless we are back in the mountain under a rock or something lol.

Verizon has the best OVERALL coverage, compared to other wireless providers. But that will be the case with every provider. I don't think there is any wireless provider out there who can GUARANTEE coverage everywhere you go. Its just not feasible. But I will tell you that I very very rarely lose coverage with my Page Plus phone. Try it out and see if you like it.

If you want guaranteed data/coverage everywhere, you may need to look into getting a sat phone lol.
    dollymadison

Plant good things, for you shall reap what you sow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast