Thread: Palm Pre 2 on Page Plus.

Palm Pre 2 on Page Plus.

Has anyone done this yet? I can't find anyone who has. They're on ebay brand new for about $100, which I thought was not bad considering many recent androids are $150+ so I went ahead and got one for wife.

Anyway, my big question is this: I'm totally new to Palm and WebOS and it looks like you are required to create a Palm Profile to access the app store and such, and apparently, without a pretty complicated hacking process it must be done over cellular data (not wifi). Does anyone know how much data this process will use, since the phone will be on standard plan at first?

Thanks.

ok. Well I found the Pixi Plus guide by Kitty and read through it, and it seems like the process will be the same for Pre 2 so I guess that question has been answered. There was no warning to not create a profile until after the phone was put on a plan with data, so I guess it's negligible. Will update when the phone is online.

So, anyone else have one? Seems like a really nice phone, and I like the UI.

Yes, as you discovered, the Pixi procedure will work with your Pre 2. There will be some slight differences in the locations of buttons but the steps are the same. Make sure you follow the recommendation to turn off cellular data. There will probably be a software update and you want to get that over wifi so you don't use up your account balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Buck Merle View Post
    Yeah, I'm aware, but I'm not at all concerned. I mean, it's too bad we'll be losing such a good OS option, but exisiting devices will be supported for a while and past that I don't think it will be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Yes, as you discovered, the Pixi procedure will work with your Pre 2. There will be some slight differences in the locations of buttons but the steps are the same. Make sure you follow the recommendation to turn off cellular data. There will probably be a software update and you want to get that over wifi so you don't use up your account balance.
    Got it, thanks. Data is off. It probably would have taken me a while to find that without the guide as Palm hides some of the settings in odd places.