Thread: Suddenly can't send picture text messages on Droid X

Suddenly can't send picture text messages on Droid X

All of a sudden, I can't send picture texts on my Droid X (rooted, cyanogenmod, running DroidWall for data management).

I get a "national access coverage not available" error, despite my phone registering that it has 3G and four bars of service.

I can send regular texts just fine - just not pictures. I can also seemingly access the internet just fine. I used to be able to send picture messages no problem - in fact, it's half the reason I have this phone (have to send picture messages for work). It simply stopped working in the last two weeks or so, and I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Any suggestions? Text Messaging is enabled for both WiFi and 3G in Droidwall.

Make sure wifi is turned off? That's the only thing I can think of. You have to use data to send pic messages.
    Micallen

Still no good...with WiFi disallowed for text messaging (data only), I"m still getting the same error.

Any chance this problem coincided with installing a new ROM or new messaging app? Picture messaging is something that gets broken often in Android development. If there is any chance that this is the case, you should contact the developer.

I believe I updated Droidwall around the time this started, but I don't think I updated the ROM. I'll have to go check Cyanogenmod.

Double check your phone status report, too, make sure you have data left on your plan or cash in your cash bucket.

JUST had my autopay renew last night, Kitty, and had nearly 80Mb of data left before that. So I know it's not because of plan issues!

Dear Customer,

It sounds like your phone might need an ESN Reset. An ESN Reset can sometimes fix data, authentication or call problems. You should ONLY do an ESN Reset if your device is a NON-Banned Device. Meaning, NEVER do an ESN Reset on a device that is a banned device, or a Verizon Prepaid device that was grandfathered in back from when they were allowed.

Follow these instructions and let me know if you problem still exists after they are done:

1. Remove the battery from your phone.

2. Once it is out, fill out this form to do a complimentary ESN Reset:

http://www.kittywireless.com/pageplus/compesnreset.html

3. Once you get the email saying that your ESN reset is done, put your battery back in and power your phone on.

4. Once it is back on again, dial *22890 and press SEND to program your phone again (this can never hurt to do!)

5. Once programming is done, turn your phone off and on again. Once it's back on, dial *73 and press SEND. After this process completes, dial *720 and press SEND. (These two functions will disable call forwarding, just in case it ever got enabled somehow by accident.)

There are only a very limited number of things that either Page Plus, or Kitty Wireless, can do to help you troubleshoot a non-approve device, however, this series of steps above, we have found, normally fixes most things.

Let us know how this works out for you.

Kitty

Also don't forget to turn on back ground data,without it turned on no pics can be sent.