Thread: Help with saving phone book contacts on a Samsung Intensity II

Help with saving phone book contacts on a Samsung Intensity II

Can anyone help me to figure out how I can backup/save/transfer my phone book contacts on my phone? That is assuming that I am not a Verizon customer with Backup Assistant. I have a USB cable and a micro SD card. I need a little, no a lot, of guidance here. I am not real tech savy, but am working on getting there while reading and learning from others in this forum! Thanks for any advice and wisdom that you can share!

I've used the free Bitpim successfully. Used Samsung came with loads of country music ringtones that I especially wanted to save for use on other phones. Can transfer between many brands of phones.

http://bitpim.org/

Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.

This is the first ever forum I have run into this! Gee, why don't I use the forum more?????

It is only your first post.I do believe.I can understand.What if someone decided they wanted to post hateful smut/Of course they could turn rotten after the first post,but the odds are against it.

I approved your post. It was flagged by the system. Sorry for the inconvenience and hope you understand. It does a good job at catching the bad stuff, but sometimes the good stuff gets caught up.

I think it was flagged because it was your first post AND it had a link in it.
    The Grim Reaper

LadyDi,

I used BitPim to transfer my contacts from my LG EnV Touch. Worked great. Actually imported them into a format to send it to GMail and from there into my new Droid. Then when I tried to use it for my daughter's EnV Touch it was no can do. Not sure why although hers had taken a swim in the toilet a year or more ago so maybe something got fried there. She ended up going to the Verizon store and was able to sweet talk them into transferring it for her onto her new Droid even though she was not a customer anymore. At any rate give it a try and see! It's free.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post
    I've used the free Bitpim successfully. Used Samsung came with loads of country music ringtones that I especially wanted to save for use on other phones. Can transfer between many brands of phones.

http://bitpim.org/
    Tabatha....thank you for your info. I will look into that!

has anyone figured out how to get the internet to work on a Samsung Intensity? I was able to pull up the internet when I was with Verizon but now that I am here it will not recognize my request

Vzw non-smart phones require modification so the PPC WAP server can be entered. Older phones can be modified using BitPim and a Hex Editor. I don't know if the Samsung Intensity is compatible with BitPim, and if it isn't, I don't know how you would go about modifying the WAP server so you can use the internet. You'll have to do a Google search to find out if it is possible. Only Vzw non-4G smart phones, excluding Blackberries, work 100% without modification on PPC.
    Last edited by Boz; 04-16-2012 at 10:41 AM.