Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4g lte phones..

4g lte phones..

Not sure if ppl on this forum are interested but I have been putting 4g lte phones on Pageplus for a few months now.

Here's where I am at

Most I have accomplished is with the bionic. Talk/Text/mms/ and 1x data. Not great on the data speed. But with running my store that's as much as I had time to figure out.

I have spoke to several customer service ppl and the general consensus is that these are NOT like the Iphones where it came down from big red that it is a no-no.
    What's everyones thoughts on this. I for one support pushing the limits. If a potential customer brings in the latest and greatest I will attempt to make them happy. I see it as a challenge and not wasting my knowledge with vanilla type activations.

Not trying to step on toes or open a can of worms. This is not for the feint of heart. And you must know about how Pageplus and phones actually work.

The reason I am willing to share this is one its nowhere online and two like I said I am at a standstill with the data speed..so hopefully someone else could take it a step farther and accomplish 3G!!

Just putting a feeler out there to collaborate for knowledge sake...

I will say if there is interest great if not oh well. This does not involve anything forbidden or shady. Simply having a 4g clean ESN phone and activating and programming it properly.

Joey
    Last edited by andersoncell; 02-20-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Why....oh why....would i want to have a bionic with 1x? It just doesn't make sense. Even if someone gave me a 4g phone i would just swap it for a nice 3g.

Quote Originally Posted by andersoncell View Post
    Not sure if ppl on this forum are interested but I have been putting 4g lte phones on Pageplus for a few months now.

Here's where I am at

Most I have accomplished is with the bionic. Talk/Text/mms/ and 1x data. Not great on the data speed. But with running my store that's as much as I had time to figure out.

I have spoke to several customer service ppl and the general consensus is that these are NOT like the Iphones where it came down from big red that it is a no-no.
    What's everyones thoughts on this. I for one support pushing the limits. If a potential customer brings in the latest and greatest I will attempt to make them happy. I see it as a challenge and not wasting my knowledge with vanilla type activations.

Not trying to step on toes or open a can of worms. This is not for the feint of heart. And you must know about how Pageplus and phones actually work.

The reason I am willing to share this is one its nowhere online and two like I said I am at a standstill with the data speed..so hopefully someone else could take it a step farther and accomplish 3G!!

Just putting a feeler out there to collaborate for knowledge sake...

I will say if there is interest great if not oh well. This does not involve anything forbidden or shady. Simply having a 4g clean ESN phone and activating and programming it properly.

Joey

We have sucessfully put a few of the 4g Lte Phones on Page Plus. Mostly the thunderbolt, the bionic, the revolution. 3g Data is tricky and I'm not sure if its possible with the Bionic yet. We will soon be openly flashing these devices to Page Plus but thats about a week or two away.

Some people think putting a 4g device on a 3g network is pointless but I have to disagree. If you can get the 3g to work on the phone, the phones are just in general better. They have better screen resolution, advancements in the battery life, higher resolution cameras, and they have faster processors.

Stay Tuned. We are very close to fully flashing these devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_RemoteSquad View Post
    Some people think putting a 4g device on a 3g network is pointless but I have to disagree. If you can get the 3g to work on the phone, the phones are just in general better. They have better screen resolution, advancements in the battery life, higher resolution cameras, and they have faster processors.
    Exactly! I am always wanting to try a newer phone and see the improvements they made from previous versions!

I was thinking about flashing the Droid Charge. What software are you using andersoncell? I've heard that QPST no longer works with 4g lte phones.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernGeorge View Post
    Exactly! I am always wanting to try a newer phone and see the improvements they made from previous versions!

I was thinking about flashing the Droid Charge. What software are you using andersoncell? I've heard that QPST no longer works with 4g lte phones.
    The charge cannot be fully flashed. It has no nam memory for the phone and qpst does not work becuase it has no qualcom chip in it. Qpst will work for some 4g lte phoens. You can get talk and text on that phone using a weird version of samsung pst and you will need the dll directly from samsung to pull the 16 digit code.

I would rather that we take the how to hack talk to pm.

Thanks
    The Grim Reaper

I am leaving the thread open with the understanding that we stay away from the technical aspects of flashing. Take that to pm please. Thanks.
    The Grim Reaper

I think this is of major value because the newer VZW smartphones will all be 4G or LTE. Never mind the 4G/LTE speed, these are newer phones. And if you happen to have one and want to switch to PPl, it will be nice to be able to do it.

Can anyone else confirm that the Samsung Charge at 3G is definitely a no-go? as more new phones are released as 4G LTE, it'd be nice to have a list somewhere of what phones will work OK on PP, can be downgraded to 3G, and how much of a pain it is to do it.

bucknljake, it is possible, but not easy. Search using Google.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast