Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VZW prepaid changes

VZW prepaid changes

Looks like prepaid at VZW is changing. Article says unlimited talk and text with 1 GB of data is going for $80. Oh, and the first phone available on the new plan is the 3G Samsung Illusion. Gee, wonder how that compares to Page Plus and Kitty Wireless?....mmmm...FAIL! Methinks VZW is not getting the prepaid market yet.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/30/v...t-to-contract/

They are going for the Brick and Mortar high profile Big Box market which Page Plus isn't in like Wally's , Target, Radioshack, etc. Verizon prepaid is never going to offer better deals then PPC . But they do offer things that PPC doesn't have yet like 4G/Lte prepaid broadband mifi/hotspots and tablet plans.

Their byod and bread and butter plans still have a long ways to go before they get anywhere near Page Plus...

Quote Originally Posted by carpediemnow View Post
    They are going for the Brick and Mortar high profile Big Box market which Page Plus isn't in like Wally's , Target, Radioshack, etc. Verizon prepaid is never going to offer better deals then PPC . But they do offer things that PPC doesn't have yet like 4G/Lte prepaid broadband mifi/hotspots and tablet plans.

Their byod and bread and butter plans still have a long ways to go before they get anywhere near Page Plus...
    Well, the article here says the first phone offered with this plan is a 3G phone. Doesn't sound like much to me.

yeah, nothing at all to worry about for us.

More on the upcoming changes.

http://www.bgr.com/2012/04/30/verizon-wireless-prepaid/

Article says the UNL Talk and Text with 1 GB of data is $80 but only available with a 3G Samsung Illusion that costs $170. Ummm....no thanks! Got something better already!
    Last edited by MatthewsNC; 04-30-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewsNC View Post
    More on the upcoming changes.

http://www.bgr.com/2012/04/30/verizon-wireless-prepaid/

Article says the UNL Talk and Text with 1 GB of data is $80 but only available with a 3G Samsung Illusion that costs $170. Ummm....no thanks! Got something better already!
    Verizon is doing this just to hold its own. Most of their new prepaid adds have been from LTE Tablet/iPad data plans. A totally different market from PPC. I would love to see PPC offer prepaid 3g evdo data with byod Verizon postpaid usb devices though as Verizon prepaid's own version was good but somewhat (as usual for them) overpriced.

As said before, Page Plus devastates them for value, independent dealership friendliness, and byod.

Just remember that PP works on the Verizon network and if they feel the business model is not working, Verizon can pull the plug with PP.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert2000 View Post
    Just remember that PP works on the Verizon network and if they feel the business model is not working, Verizon can pull the plug with PP.
    I am willing to bet it isn't that easy. I doubt that PPC would invest huge amounts of money if they didn't have some contractual protection. Also, PPC brings in a good amount of revenue that VZW wouldn't have otherwise. You are correct that over time it could bode poorly for PPC if they get very aggressive in the prepaid marketspace but I just don't think it will go there. Instead I think PPC will get better deals to stay below the rates VZW charges.
    Last edited by MatthewsNC; 05-01-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewsNC View Post
    I am willing to bet it isn't that easy. I doubt that PPC would invest huge amounts of money if they didn't have some contractual protection. Also, PPC brings in a good amount of revenue that VZW wouldn't have otherwise. You are correct that over time it could bode poorly for PPC if they get very aggressive in prepaid marketspace but I just don't think it will go there. Instead I think PPC will get better deals to stay below the rates VZW charges.
    You're right. It's not that easy. There are major legal agreements in place between the two that govern their existence.

Navigation Guru & Smartiepants n Bliss Lortikit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    You're right. It's not that easy. There are major legal agreements in place between the two that govern their existence.
    Yup. P+ could pull the plug on VZW and make them disappear.
    Don't like the levity? You're welcome to step off the magic carpet. Hidden Content

im an adm aproved nav guru smrtypnts skeptic. robo postrs skoo plz! copyrightę 2011-2h14. ll ryts reservd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast