Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: iPhone 5 4G LTE on Page Plus!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    iPhone 5 4G LTE on Page Plus!!

    Ive been using a 4S on Page Plus for about the past year, and the iPhone 4 before that. I have grown to love the iPhone, and have also grown to love Page Plus. Recently I tried to activate a 4G phone on Page Plus, and had a pretty rough time. It was activated, and eventually programed, but it wasn't easy.

    Heres the thing. I am definitely going to get the new iPhone. But I want to get the Verizon model because they have the best LTE network available (incase I decide to use Verizon) With the Verizon 4S you could jailbreak it and unlock it for use with ATT - If I have to use ATT's (or Straight Talk/Net 10), Network Its nice to know that I can(If I am unable to use Page Plus, and dont feel like paying for Verizon).

    I know iPhone isnt out yet, and the average consumer, or techie, wont know how to answer my question, but just in case.

    Also, I know im not the only one excited about iPhone 5. Hopefully Page Plus picks up Verizon's 4G LTE soon. But until then - Which iPhone are you going to buy? Why? I know I cant be the only one who wants the comfort of network choice. Have you thought about this yet? If not - what do you think? If so - What is your decision?

    I know I can just buy unlocked, but that would leave me with only GSM networks. I hope the Dev team makes a Verizon Jailbreak for iPhones to use the GSM Network so those of us with Verizon iPhone 5's can have a decent prepaid plan until Page Plus can set up LTE.

    I know this was a long thread. Thanks for reading - and thanks for replying.
    -Shane

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Savannah Georgia
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Ive been using a 4S on Page Plus for about the past year, and the iPhone 4 before that. I have grown to love the iPhone, and have also grown to love Page Plus. Recently I tried to activate a 4G phone on Page Plus, and had a pretty rough time. It was activated, and eventually programed, but it wasn't easy.

    Heres the thing. I am definitely going to get the new iPhone. But I want to get the Verizon model because they have the best LTE network available (incase I decide to use Verizon) With the Verizon 4S you could jailbreak it and unlock it for use with ATT - If I have to use ATT's (or Straight Talk/Net 10), Network Its nice to know that I can(If I am unable to use Page Plus, and dont feel like paying for Verizon).

    I know iPhone isnt out yet, and the average consumer, or techie, wont know how to answer my question, but just in case.

    Also, I know im not the only one excited about iPhone 5. Hopefully Page Plus picks up Verizon's 4G LTE soon. But until then - Which iPhone are you going to buy? Why? I know I cant be the only one who wants the comfort of network choice. Have you thought about this yet? If not - what do you think? If so - What is your decision?

    I know I can just buy unlocked, but that would leave me with only GSM networks. I hope the Dev team makes a Verizon Jailbreak for iPhones to use the GSM Network so those of us with Verizon iPhone 5's can have a decent prepaid plan until Page Plus can set up LTE.

    I know this was a long thread. Thanks for reading - and thanks for replying.
    -Shane
    well a couple of things...
    Even if the Verizon iPhone is successfully unlocked, and I have not seen one be unlocked yet, it would not be able to be used in the US. When you unlock a Verizon phone, it is typically just for overseas use. Also page plus does not allow the iPhone on their network. I know that Kitty does not allow this either. If you are caught, with the phone on page plus, they have every right to kick you off the network and ban that phone from being used. I am not saying to take it off, but some things are just better left unsaid.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_RemoteSquad View Post
    well a couple of things...
    Even if the Verizon iPhone is successfully unlocked, and I have not seen one be unlocked yet, it would not be able to be used in the US. When you unlock a Verizon phone, it is typically just for overseas use. Also page plus does not allow the iPhone on their network. I know that Kitty does not allow this either. If you are caught, with the phone on page plus, they have every right to kick you off the network and ban that phone from being used. I am not saying to take it off, but some things are just better left unsaid.
    You are wrong you can buy a new modded sim card tray and use it on att or tmobile here in the us and wordwide. You also could jailbreak it and do the samething. Also btw if you buy the verizon iphone 5 it comes unlocked and can be used on att tmobile out of the box because of some of some deal verizon made with the FCC

  4. #4
    Resident Paramedic Cardiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    2,580
    Rep Power
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Emburybrett View Post
    You are wrong you can buy a new modded sim card tray and use it on att or tmobile here in the us and wordwide. You also could jailbreak it and do the samething. Also btw if you buy the verizon iphone 5 it comes unlocked and can be used on att tmobile out of the box because of some of some deal verizon made with the FCC
    Remember, you are replying to a thread with 2 1/2 month old information....
    Page Plus phones I've used: LG eNV, Motorola Q9c, Q9M, Alias, Omnia 910, Ozone, Motorola Droid, HTC Incredible, Droid X, HTC Incredible 2, Droid X2, Droid RAZR. What's next?

  5. #5
    Administrator tmason68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,761
    Rep Power
    10

    iPhone 5 4G LTE on Page Plus!!

    Locking this thread for now.
    The Grim Reaper

Similar Threads

  1. Help me get my iPhone in page plus!
    By tcdand22 in forum iPhone Related Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 08:59 PM
  2. iPhone now on Page Plus
    By Quizologist in forum PagePlus Rumor Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 08:58 PM
  3. The Verizon iPhone is Officially NOT ALLOWED on Page Plus Cellular
    By Kitty in forum General PagePlus Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 12:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •