Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Bad ESN Sprint Galaxy S3 flashable?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    28

    Bad ESN Sprint Galaxy S3 flashable?

    Is it possible to flash a bad ESN Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 to Page Plus with full 3G data?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Administrator Kitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,558
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by BGriffith View Post
    Is it possible to flash a bad ESN Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 to Page Plus with full 3G data?

    Thanks!
    Why would a device have a bad ESN on Sprint? It could be lost, stolen, or attached to an unpaid account balance. If it's lost and/or stolen, that's a criminal issue and you could get into trouble. If it's attached to an unpaid balance on Sprint, well, that's another issue entirely, but still not a good thing. I would prefer to not have lost/stolen bad esn flashing discussed here, just fyi.

    Thanks,
    Kitty

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thread Starter
    Rep Power
    28
    I do understand what a bad ESN is ( I sell Verizon Wireless online using their live chat on the website). I was asking as a friend of mine got in a bad situation and wasn't able to pay his Sprint bill any more (so I know why it has a bad ESN as well) and he knew I've been wanting to get a S3. Was just wondering if it was possible to help him out but also stay with the great Verizon Wireless service (we don't get any super good plan in our department). I've been told it was possible that Sprint phones already have their ESN's in the Page Plus database but just wanted a confirmation before I committed to buy it from him.

  4. #4
    Administrator Kitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,558
    Rep Power
    10

    Bad ESN Sprint Galaxy S3 flashable?

    Quote Originally Posted by BGriffith View Post
    I do understand what a bad ESN is ( I sell Verizon Wireless online using their live chat on the website). I was asking as a friend of mine got in a bad situation and wasn't able to pay his Sprint bill any more (so I know why it has a bad ESN as well) and he knew I've been wanting to get a S3. Was just wondering if it was possible to help him out but also stay with the great Verizon Wireless service (we don't get any super good plan in our department). I've been told it was possible that Sprint phones already have their ESN's in the Page Plus database but just wanted a confirmation before I committed to buy it from him.
    Page Plus does not currently have access to the esn database of another provider. I do understand your question and appreciate you clarifying the reason for the bad esn.

    While I absolutely cannot condone flashing a bad esn device from another carrier for use on Page Plus, it might be technically possible.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  5. #5
    Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,859
    Rep Power
    241
    Well, the problem is, the S3 is a 4G phone. That alone makes it hard enough to flash. Then you add it being Sprint on top of that, I am betting it would be quite a challenge just to get normal talk, text, abd 1X data to work. Let alone 3G.

    But, this is just what I would think!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Savannah Georgia
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    48
    1x, talk, text, incoming/outgoing mms would work.... no 3g

  7. #7
    TOLD KITTY NO Boz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Northwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,710
    Rep Power
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_RemoteSquad View Post
    1x, talk, text, incoming/outgoing mms would work.... no 3g
    Can you please help clear something up? Are these statements correct, and if not could you correct them?

    1. Sprint Android phones, either 3G or 4G, can't ever be modified to get 3G data speeds on PPC.

    2. Vzw Android 4G phones CAN get 3G data speeds on PPC if properly modified.
    My PagePlus Phone History --- 11 Years & Counting
    1. Ericsson AF738, July 2001 - Dec 2003 (Standard Plan, $30/Year)
    2. Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003 - Feb 2008 (Standard Plan, $30/Year)
    3. LG VX-8600, Feb 2008 - Apr 2010 (Standard Plan, $30/Year)
    4. Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010 - Nov 2011 (Standard Plan, $80/Year)
    5. HTC Droid Incredible, Nov 2011 - Present (Standard Plan, $80/Year)

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    Can you please help clear something up? Are these statements correct, and if not could you correct them?

    1. Sprint Android phones, either 3G or 4G, can't ever be modified to get 3G data speeds on PPC.

    2. Vzw Android 4G phones CAN get 3G data speeds on PPC if properly modified.

    Actually is it 100% possible the flash a 4g sprint phone to page plus and get talk, text and 3g data.
    I just flash a htc evo 4g last night and everything is working just as it should.

    As for the lost/stolen galaxy s3. It is not recommended to deal with stolen property and if you know it is not stolen and it is just a bad DEC then I dont see an issue there. See Spring doesnt base their phone off of the IMEI, HEX ID or ESN numbers. All sprint phones have a unique DEC number that is registered on their network. The evo I flashed last night was off of my old account and I though I had lost it so I reported it lost and closed my account. So it very well is 100% to get talk, text and 3g data on a sprint 4g device. Its not an easy process unless you know how to use and purchase CDMA Worksho and QPST.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    846
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Bad ESN Sprint Galaxy S3 flashable?

    Did you do a speed test to confirm 3g? Just because you have a 3g icon, does not mean you are getting 3g speeds.

    ________________________________
    Easy as 3.1415926536

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hkleiner View Post
    Did you do a speed test to confirm 3g? Just because you have a 3g icon, does not mean you are getting 3g speeds.

    ________________________________
    Easy as 3.1415926536
    Yes. I have done speed tests to confirm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S)
    By britdevine in forum Help Me Find the Right Phone For Me to Use on Page Plus, please!
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 06:57 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-16-2012, 09:03 AM
  3. Galaxy Nexus S Question
    By kentjohnson4 in forum Samsung
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 08:47 PM
  4. Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    By kentjohnson4 in forum CELL PHONE STUFF ONLY: Wanted to Buy Ads (WTB)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 04:38 PM
  5. Samsung Galaxy Tab on Page Plus?
    By nhplanner in forum Help Me Find the Right Phone For Me to Use on Page Plus, please!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 02:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •