Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enable/Disable Data - DROID INCREDIBLE I

Enable/Disable Data - DROID INCREDIBLE I

The Kitty Wireless Getting Started Guide says:
    If you are not fully, 100%, certain that you know how to control the 3G CELLULAR DATA on your smartphone device, you should NOT put it on the Standard Pay As You Go plan. At all. Period.

We see customers every week who "feel confident" that they know how to control their 3G CELLULAR DATA, so they will go ahead and add an $80.00 PIN immediately to their smartphone. Then, a few days later, they email us frantically asking where their money went to, and I hate to say it, but we have to say "told you so."
    So I looked up Enable/Disable Data - DROID INCREDIBLE and came up with these instructions:

From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located in the lower-left)
    1. Touch Settings.
    2. Touch Wireless & networks.
    3. Touch Mobile network.

Enabled when a green check mark is present.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/c....html?id=32131mobile_network.jpg

That seems pretty straightforward. Is there anything else I should know?
    What is the default setting? Will any apps or updates change the setting without letting you know?

You can add a widget to the home screen which makes it easy to turn data on and off. From the home screen hit the "+" button. Then from the Add to Home screen pick "Widget" and add the Mobile data widget. It gives you a quick shortcut to turn off and on any time you want.

...just got an Incredible and am trying to set it up. When I add the mobile data widget to the Home screen (using your directions, thanks!) it puts a swirling symbol on the widget icon and says something like "loading" for hours and never stops. If I click on it, I get a password protected Verizon log-in screen. I don't have a Verizon password, since I am using it on Page Plus. I can't find a way to make a password on it.
    I am still not sure if this phone works properly, or if I just don't know what I'm doing. Is it just loading or processing b/c I am supposed to log-in somehow, or is there a chance I have some setting wrong on the phone that won't let it load? Should I have a Verizon password?

Navigation Guru & Smartiepants n Bliss Lortikit's Avatar
    SID 8. Wkere life is beautiful all tke time...

Re: Enable/Disable Data - DROID INCREDIBLE I

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    ...just got an Incredible and am trying to set it up. When I add the mobile data widget to the Home screen (using your directions, thanks!) it puts a swirling symbol on the widget icon and says something like "loading" for hours and never stops. If I click on it, I get a password protected Verizon log-in screen. I don't have a Verizon password, since I am using it on Page Plus. I can't find a way to make a password on it.
    I am still not sure if this phone works properly, or if I just don't know what I'm doing. Is it just loading or processing b/c I am supposed to log-in somehow, or is there a chance I have some setting wrong on the phone that won't let it load? Should I have a Verizon password?
    That's not the correct Widget. What you need is +/Widget/Settings/Mobile Network from HTC.

Sent from my iPad™ mini¬™ 2
    Don't like the levity? You're welcome to step off the magic carpet.

im an adm aproved nav guru smrtypnts sheptic. robo postrs skoo plz! copyrigkt© 2011-2h14. ll ryts reservd.

Oh, thanks for the step-by-step- definitely needed that. I never thought to look under Settings on the widget screen. It is always exciting when something WORKS! I was afraid to do anything else until I got that done, so I appreciate your prompt response. Now for endless hours of fumbling around!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Oh, thanks for the step-by-step- definitely needed that. I never thought to look under Settings on the widget screen. It is always exciting when something WORKS! I was afraid to do anything else until I got that done, so I appreciate your prompt response. Now for endless hours of fumbling around!
    You're welcome. Yeah, the other Widget was probably the My Verizon thingy. That and all the other VZW apps don't work on P+. Enjoy!

im an adm aproved nav guru smrtypnts sheptic. robo postrs skoo plz! copyrigkt© 2011-2h14. ll ryts reservd.

I hate to admit it but yeah, I gave lousy instructions for the data widget. My bad. Sorry about that Joe. Fortunately Lortikit was able to point you in the right direction. I think I must have typed that from memory and not double checked myself on the phone. My memory aint what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGeorge View Post
    I hate to admit it but yeah, I gave lousy instructions for the data widget. My bad. Sorry about that Joe. Fortunately Lortikit was able to point you in the right direction. I think I must have typed that from memory and not double checked myself on the phone. My memory aint what it used to be.
    Thx for the try, it's always worth it and welcome.

Got a Inc 2 and loving using it on PPC.

Is there any way to add a shortcut to Airplane Mode on the the Home screen?

Quote Originally Posted by booch221 View Post
    Got a Inc 2 and loving using it on PPC.

Is there any way to add a shortcut to Airplane Mode on the the Home screen?
    If it's anything like the Inc 1, try Long press on home screen/Widget/Settings/Airplane Mode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast