Thread: Thinking about going AT&T

Thinking about going AT&T

Just like the title says... Now that AT&T GO Phone offers a $45 plan that has 1 GB high speed data then the rest is unlimited at 128kb throttle i might have to switch over. The appeal of unlimited data is nice as you can still do lots of things even with the slower speed. Even streaming music is possible... What is everyone's thoughts? Do you think Verizon would match maybe at some point before years end? Are we going to start seeing more competition on the carrier level with their own prepaid services... Maybe it's time to leave the MVNO's and try the carriers out for their prepaid.

In general I think the carriers will continue to compete. Why wouldn't they. As far as your choice goes, its your choice. If that's what fits best for you right now, go for it. That's whats great about prepaid.
    The Grim Reaper

Quote Originally Posted by tmason68 View Post
    In general I think the carriers will continue to compete. Why wouldn't they. As far as your choice goes, its your choice. If that's what fits best for you right now, go for it. That's whats great about prepaid.
    I know the carriers will compete but i'm hoping to see verizon or pageplus offer something like that. I love the big red network and everything about their lte.. It would be nice if they did...

Just remember AT&T is known for dropped calls, especially in certain areas. Make sure your AT&T neighbors claim good connection.

Sheng-Chieh

Never had any issues

Quote Originally Posted by shengchieh View Post
    Just remember AT&T is known for dropped calls, especially in certain areas. Make sure your AT&T neighbors claim good connection.

Sheng-Chieh
    My sister and a friend both have AT&T, both do encounter more drop calls than I do being on Page Plus.

And then there are those like myself that need the simultaneous voice & data that AT&T and their MVNO's offer on 3G. To get that on Verizon you need to be in a LTE area and those still have more "holes" in than the older tech.

My reason from having switched my "daily driver" to an AT&T MVNO is that my hearing is such that I need to use a captioning service that uses simultaneous voice & data. The data gives me captions of what is said to me and the voice is how I talk to the other person on the call.

(I lost an earlier posting and responses about this issue in the server failure. I think it was in a thread about Kitty starting to offer services on the AT&T network.)