Thread: Why am I getting an 'echo' when talking on my phone?

Why am I getting an 'echo' when talking on my phone?

Hi all - I was recently talking to a friend in Md.(D.C. suburb, actually) and he said that he was having problems hearing me. He said there seemed to be an 'echo' and that the signal seemed to be deteriorating. I went outside but that didn't help.
    I could hear him just fine but I did notice a little bit of an echo on the line.
    I'm using a Palm Pixi+ but I don't know what phone he's using.
    Asked him what carrier he's with & he's on Verizon.
    It was so bad (on his end) that he had to call me back on my home phone just to continue our conversation.
    My home ph. is a voip service thru a Nettalk Duo and the connection was fine on that line.
    Although I don't make many L.D. calls on this cell ph., I have never had this problem before.
    Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

If it has only happened this one time, then I'd suspect a one-time occurrence until/unless it happens more than once.

Thanks again Boz. I think this has happened a couple of times, but only when talking to this one person.
    I call relatives back east & they have never complained about call quality.

Navigation Guru & Smartiepants n Bliss Lortikit's Avatar
    SID 8. Wkere life is beautiful all tke time...

Re: Why am I getting an 'echo' when talking on my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Thanks again Boz. I think this has happened a couple of times, but only when talking to this one person.
    I call relatives back east & they have never complained about call quality.
    If it's really only this one person, it has to be an issue at their end. When they call back, do they switch to a landline? And, what model cell do they have?
    Don't like the levity? You're welcome to step off the magic carpet.

im an adm aproved nav guru smrtypnts sheptic. robo postrs skoo plz! copyrigktŠ 2011-2h14. ll ryts reservd.

they call back on my home phone. I'm not sure what brand/model phone he has, but I will find out.

Navigation Guru & Smartiepants n Bliss Lortikit's Avatar
    SID 8. Wkere life is beautiful all tke time...
    Don't forget the landline question. Was he using a landline to call you back?
    Don't like the levity? You're welcome to step off the magic carpet.

im an adm aproved nav guru smrtypnts sheptic. robo postrs skoo plz! copyrigktŠ 2011-2h14. ll ryts reservd.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    He said there seemed to be an 'echo' and that the signal seemed to be deteriorating. Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?
    [Sarcasm ON]
    Sometimes the government monitoring circuits get overloaded and you get an echo, especially when you (or the other party) have used a "key word or phrase" and then multiple monitors jump on your line to listen and decide if you should be brought in for additional "interviews" (in the middle of the night). [Sarcasm OFF]

Have you read George Orwell's book "1984"? We are living it! There are some conversions. "NewSpeak" = "Political Correctness".

-O. D.-
    Just be yourself. Everybody else is already taken!

He definitely wasn't using a landline.
    But, come to think of it, he did mention seeing a couple of white vans in his neighborhood that night.
    He said one was an outfit named Ferrer Bros. Insurance & the other one was a company named
    Consolidated Industrial Associates.

Quote Originally Posted by OD2274 View Post
    [Sarcasm ON]
    Sometimes the government monitoring circuits get overloaded and you get an echo, especially when you (or the other party) have used a "key word or phrase" and then multiple monitors jump on your line to listen and decide if you should be brought in for additional "interviews" (in the middle of the night). [Sarcasm OFF]

Have you read George Orwell's book "1984"? We are living it! There are some conversions. "NewSpeak" = "Political Correctness".

-O. D.-
    Required reading for me in school back in the early 70's.... Surprised it isn't banned in schools now.
    Page Plus phones I've used: LG eNV, Motorola Q9c, Q9M, Alias, Omnia 910, Ozone, Motorola Droid, HTC Incredible, Droid X, HTC Incredible 2, Droid X2, Droid RAZR. Now an HTC One....

Watch it, Komrade.

Quote Originally Posted by OD2274 View Post
    [Sarcasm ON]

-O. D.-