Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Check your Remaining Minutes/Messages/Data via SMS or Online

How to Check your Remaining Minutes/Messages/Data via SMS or Online

We get this question a lot: Is there an easy way that I can check my available balance, remaining minutes, remaining text messages, call history for any of your phones, or remaining data online?

Yes, there are three ways.

The first and second methods can ONLY be found at Kitty Wireless. We had our private system custom coded to accommodate these features.

FIRST: You can text BAL to ppc@kittywireless.com and our system will respond with your status report 24/7 (as long as the Page Plus system is online!) This text message must be sent from your Page Plus Cellular handset. This text message IS NOT FREE. It does cost 1 message to send it and 1 message to receive the response. Standard text messaging rates apply. This is an AWESOME feature if you are on-the-go a lot and want to know your account status instantly right on your phone!

AS OF 06/08/2011 you can now text BAL to 7243 and get a status report with information as well :-) Kitty Wireless had this technology about 8 months before Page Plus did, but it's VERY nice to see that they have setup a short code for their customers to use now :-) This will still cost you ONE text message to SEND the BAL message, but the incoming message will be free!

SECOND: You can go to this link and get a free STATUS REPORT 24 hours a day. The results of this request will be sent to you via e-mail. http://www.kittywireless.com/pageplus/phonestatus.html

THIRD: (This is where you can check call histories, too, for the last 250 records) - Directly at http://www.pagepluscellular.com they offer an "Online Account Management System (OLAM)" where you can register for a FREE ONLINE ACCOUNT to monitor many things such as this

Before using this OLAM system, you must already have an ACTIVE PagePlus Cellular phone with a PPC Phone Number.

To register for this free account, you must go to:

http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Register.aspx

After you are registered for the account and you log into it, you must then ADD your current PHONE to the account. You can add multiple phone numbers/devices to one account so that you can monitor their status from within one login.

You do this by clicking on the Add/Edit/Remove phone selection on the left hand side of the screen. You follow the steps, and when the system sends you a verification text message to your device, you enter the code to verify you are the authorized user. UNDER the section where it asks you to choose your Device Make/Model, if they do not have YOUR specific device listed, just leave both make/model blank and don't select anything. That will still work.

COMMON ISSUE: During the phone registration/adding a phone process for your PagePlusCellular.com Online Account, many people report not receiving the "Verification Text Message" to their cellular phone (a required step in the process.) If you do not receive the verification text message, you must submit a ticket to Page Plus using this form to have them manually send you the verification text message.

From that point forward, as long as you enter the right text-message verification code, you can monitor your usage right on the OLAM system.

Please note, accounts that are on the STANDARD RATE PLAN do not have a meter inside their PagePlusCellular.com Account which shows CURRENT minutes used, CURRENT text messages used or CURRENT data used. ONLY phones that are on a plan such as Unlimited Talk n Text or Talk n Text 1200 will see a meter. If you are on the UNLIMITED plan you cannot see your minutes or messages, it will just say "Unlimited."

We hope this helps you get more value out of your Page Plus Cellular device, and we appreciate your patronage here at Kitty Wireless!

2011 is going to be a VERY exciting year for Page Plus and Kitty Wireless - we hope to service all of your prepaid wireless needs in 2011.

Thanks,
    Kitty

Tried the first one,the text thingy...a few minutes later I got a response!
    "Error getting account status.Try again later."
    Yeah,that's me on TV,homeboy attacked my sister http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXvZe...eature=channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hofo Reject View Post
    Tried the first one,the text thingy...a few minutes later I got a response!
    "Error getting account status.Try again later."
    The Page Plus system was down this morning for about 45 minutes, try again now.

Kitty

Tried it again,works brilliantly!
    Yeah,that's me on TV,homeboy attacked my sister http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXvZe...eature=channel

Cool. Its a very handy feature. Just remember...its not free and it costs 2 text messages.

Sent from my rooted D2
    The Grim Reaper

And now I know that I have 1117 texts remaining!

It doesn't work from windows mobile phones, If I try to text to that address I get an error message saying that you can not send email from the text message service and to use the email service. Ever think about getting a short code?
    BIOS ERROR:
    Keyboard Not Found
    Please Press F1 to Continue or F2 to Enter Setup

Quote Originally Posted by imaplowboy View Post
    It doesn't work from windows mobile phones, If I try to text to that address I get an error message saying that you can not send email from the text message service and to use the email service. Ever think about getting a short code?
    A dedicated short code would cost us $1,000+ per month. Unfortunately, we can't service everyone. Some devices do not allow text to email addresses, however, it did work on my HTC Ozone and that ran Windows Mobile 6.1, so not sure?

We offer the web based status form here as well for email based reports: http://www.kittywireless.com/pageplus/phonestatus.html

We do serve up over 600 daily status text messages, on average, so we know it's working for most :-/

Sorry.

Kitty

It's worked on every phone we've ever had on PP. We love it!

Sent from (wait, which phone am I using again??) using Tapatalk
    dollymadison

Plant good things, for you shall reap what you sow...

Works on my WINMO

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    A dedicated short code would cost us $1,000+ per month. Unfortunately, we can't service everyone. Some devices do not allow text to email addresses, however, it did work on my HTC Ozone and that ran Windows Mobile 6.1, so not sure?

We offer the web based status form here as well for email based reports: http://www.kittywireless.com/pageplus/phonestatus.html

We do serve up over 600 daily status text messages, on average, so we know it's working for most :-/

Sorry.

Kitty
    Strangest thing, I have the Omnia i910 on Page Plus, which as most know, but not all, is Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional, and texting to ppc@kittywireless.com worked great, and got an immediate response. So I just wanted to let you know, it does work from Windows Mobile phones as well, perhaps it's just the type of phone the person has that is giving the problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast