Thread: Experience Purchasing Iphone from Glyde.Com?

Experience Purchasing Iphone from Glyde.Com?

Have any of you purchased an Iphone from glyde.com? If so, would you use them again? Can you briefly describe your experience? They are new to me. Thanks Chuck

I recently purchased two 4s phones through Glyde. One of the sellers withdrew their phone so there was a delay to get another like it but Glyde customer service was communicative about it.

I know nothing about iPhones or how wireless services work. Neither phone had it's micro-SIM card. Should they be there? I'm planning to use the phones on Kitty Wireless but I'm not sure what to do now.
    Last edited by inkynote; 12-15-2013 at 02:15 AM.

I haven't bought an iPhone on glyde.com, but I bought a Kindle through them. It was indicated as "excellent" and it was. The experience was great and I'd do it again.

A couple of months ago I sent an email to glyde asking them about their policies concerning clean esn's on an iPhone and the possibility that a phone might end up turned off a couple of months after purchase if a seller hadn't fulfilled their obligation to Verizon. Their answer was that they (glyde) would make it good.

Here is a copy/paste of their answer:
    "Please know that all phone bought through Glyde should have clean ESNs. If you find that a phone is still activated or has been reported lost/stolen, please let us know immediately and we will either fix the issue or issue a full refund."

What's holding me back on an iPhone is the hotspot issue. I really like being able to use my phone as a hotspot and that doesn't look like a reasonable possibility with an iPhone. But, we just bought a iPad Air with the free Tmobile 200 mb of data per month. That just might take care of my hotspot needs and let me get an iPhone. If I do get an iPhone it will very likely be through glyde.com.

Quote Originally Posted by inkynote View Post
    I recently purchased two 4s phones through Glyde. One of the sellers withdrew their phone so there was a delay to get another like it but Glyde customer service was communicative about it.

I know nothing about iPhones or how wireless services work. Neither phone had it's micro-SIM card. Should they be there? I'm planning to use the phones on Kitty Wireless but I'm not sure what to do now.
    A SIM card on a Vzw 4S is only for international/global use, and only if the 4S has been previously unlocked by Vzw, or by an alternate method.
    My PagePlus Phone History---13 Years & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Quote Originally Posted by inkynote View Post

I have 1 on pp and you don't need nor could you use it if you had a sims card,they are meant for traveling overseas only, even if the gsm side is unlocked from what i read on forums you still cannot use it in the usa.This phone don't need a sims to work on Kitty.And if you are planning on going out of the states,then get the gsm [sims card] part unlocked and pickup a sims card when you get there,but for the usa you won't or can't use it anyway.